Car Rental Insurance
Car Rental Insurance
Insurance is included in your car rental price!
The Insurance Covers
Full repairs to Rental Vehicle in the event of a road traffic accident*
Third party liability unlimited (including passengers in hired vehicle)
Theft of vehicle and accessories*
Damage to wheels, tyres and windscreens*
* cover excludes the standard excess of £1,000 – see below for details. Cover would default if the necessary security precautions were not implemented; i.e. if the keys were left in the ignition. We reserve the right to increase the excess with each incident.
Car hire insurance policies are provided by our rental partner, Arnold Clark. Please read their full Terms & Conditions for further details.
Excess Waver can be purchased at a cost of £15 per day, capped at £75 per week for all vehicles except Groups 10 and 11.
For Groups 10 and 11 excess waiver can be purchased at a cost of £20 per day, capped at £100 per week.
The Insurance Does Not Cover
- Theft of property within the vehicle.
- Driver of the hired vehicle’s personal injury or loss of life (their own insurance would have to cover this).
Please note: Hirers will be responsible for the full cost of repairs or replacement in the following situations, whether excess waiver has been purchased or not.
- Lost or damaged keys, or damage to the interior of the vehicle
- Damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low-level objects such as bridges or low branches, or damage caused by failure to pay due care and attention to potential hazards on the road, such as deep water or debris
- Costs following a road traffic accident where our vehicle has to be recovered from an off-road location and there is no third party involved,
- Customers will also be responsible for any costs incurred by putting the wrong type of fuel in the vehicle.
- UK drivers must hold and produce a full category British Driving Licence (Original Copies only) for the type of vehicle hired and 2 further forms of identification. This can be 2 bills or 1 bill and another form of photographic identification, preferably a passport. Acceptable documents include utility bills and bank or credit card statements issued within the last three months. Please note that drivers with a photocard licence must bring both parts.
- EU drivers must possess a driving licence and either a passport or ID card.
- Drivers from outwith the EU must possess a valid domestic driving licence with English translation. If English translation is not available, an international driving permit is required in addition to a domestic driving licence. A passport must also accompany a domestic driving licence.
- Your driving licence must be valid for the current period of the rental and have been held for at least 12 months.
- A licence may have a restriction to the number of seats on a vehicle, which the licence holder is entitled to drive. For most European countries this is 8 plus driver.
- Any penalty points should be notified.
Excess Waiver does not cover
- Lost or damaged keys or damage to the interior of the vehicle.
- Damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects such as bridges or low branches or damage caused by failure to pay due care and attention to potential hazards on the road such as deep water or debris.
- Costs following a road traffic accident where our vehicle has to be recovered from an off-road location and there is no third party involved.
- Any costs incurred by putting the wrong type of fuel in the vehicle.
In any of these circumstances the hirer will be responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement.