We do not collect personal information about you when you visit the website unless you choose to provide it to us to take advantage of a specific service, for example completing an online form.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics:
- Name, Typical Content, Expiration
- _utma, randomly generated number, 2 years
- _utmb, randomly generated number, 30 minutes
- _utmc , randomly generated number, when you close your browser
- _utmx , randomly generated number, 2 years
- _utmxx , randomly generated number, 2 years
- _utmz , randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)
We also collect information on the number of times particular search terms are used and the number of failed searches. We use this information to improve access to the site and to identify gaps in the information content so we can plan appropriate expansion of the system.
We do not:
- share any of the information we collect with others.
- use this information to identify individuals.
Third party cookies
If we use videos from YouTube and feeds from other websites such as Facebook and Twitter. These third party websites place cookies on your device when watching or viewing these pages.
You can stop cookies being downloaded on to your computer or other device by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. If you do this, however, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
There is more information about how to delete or stop using cookies on AboutCookies.org. If you wish, you can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics.
We handle information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act.
If you choose to send us personal information, we will use that information to respond to your enquiry and will only pass your details to another organisation if it is required by law or that organisation is relevant to your enquiry.
Links to other sites